Tuesday, June 9, 2009

where you are is exactly where you should be


have you ever heard this? it is a bit of a mantra for me. sometimes to excuse behaviour, as in i should not have eaten that whole sleeve of ritz crackers, but this is where i should be, but also big macro what can i learn about myself from where i have landed or rather in my case i feel perched. i am a consistent oxymoron. i wake up and i think today i will eat only organic and exercise and play engaging games and craft with my children. this always ends up in short order cooking dino eggs (scary) and cinnamon toast crunch (yummy) whilst dancing to the soothing rhythms of slightly inappropriate dance music. the day advances and 4'o clock arrives and i wonder - upper or downer - coffee or wine? i lay my head on my pillow in a flurry of guilt and wonder; love and pride; fulfilment and remorse. i live with 5 of the best housemates/partners in crime/wisest of the wise/loveliest people and pet: my husband , 9 year old son , 7 year old son, 4 year old daughter and 1 year old dog. this is my cast of characters, those who lovingly i inflict, immerse and inoculate with my nature. i would love it if you would let me indulge and explore the micro and macro of where we all are perched.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet lady, this is LOVELY! I am so proud of you. And so excited to see the words that come from that hilarious and searching mind of yours. Here's to workin' it out on the world wide web! Tonight, we celebrate!
    love, peevishmama

    ReplyDelete